Tuesday 26 February 2013

1st Day at the KCC's "Kpop Academy"

      

On the Saturday 23rd of February I began my first day at 'K-pop academy'. For me it was a day I was much anticipating, since I was happy to have been accepted into the academy since I’d only found out about it a few months ago. I had enrolled into to the scheme because I felt that it would be a great opportunity to widen my knowledge about the Korean culture, and also it would help me to meet people with similar interests. On way to the KCC I was running abit late so I was sorta anxious, but when I arrived I was glad I didn’t miss out on anything when I arrived. The Staff at the KCC were very polite and gave everyone a cute gift bag pack, inside of the bag were: K-drama Calendar (I mistook it for a box of chocolates since it was in a fancy box lool), Kpop academy oyster card holders, books and Korean Snacks ( yes, there was peppero ^^).

      
The 1st lesson was an introduction day so we were given an overview of what 'K-pop Academy'. We also had to introduce ourselves via presentations, there were so many presentations that looked better than mine >.< but that’s ook because I gave an energetic presentation (well I thought I was one). The presentations helped each of us to learn abit about our 'classmates' but I was happy to already know a few faces of the participating.


                                                                                              (That’s me in the front row rocking the Camo)
After the presentations we were told we'd be doing a Kpop quiz to see how much we know about Korea and were paired into groups named after kpop groups, mine was '2NE1' (my bias group, so I was happy). I won’t go into too much detail since my team lost to 'Girls Generation' (Ironic right? lool) but never the less it was a fun day for me and I’ve made a few new friends already.




 I look forward to the remaining 12 weeks and hope to benefit from this experience. ;)















No comments:

Post a Comment